Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy 8 Year Anniversary to Us!

Today is the 8th Anniversary since Nick and I met and have been together.  I can’t believe it’s already been so long!  I should have tried to plan a couple of hours together doing something we both love (in our case, usually going out for a good dinner), but with Cora’s recent surgery there hasn’t been much planning going on.  And we’re not supposed to take her out much for 4-6 weeks after surgery, so looks like we’ll probably stay at home.  I certainly haven’t had the time or imagination to put together any gifts.  But I can post some thoughts and say thank you. 

This year, of course, our relationship has been transformed as we’ve become parents.  And my appreciation for him has increased leaps and bounds seeing him become the Dad I always knew he would be. 

So even though there are endless things I’d like to thank him for, I’d like to list a few of the big ones.  For my sweet husband, I am so thankful to you:
.       
 For loving our little girl like you do.  I’ve always thought that there’s nothing sweeter than a father with his baby girl.  And there’s nothing sweeter than you with our baby girl.


For capturing her first real smiles.  There is something so very FUN about Daddy.  If it weren’t so darn sweet I’d be jealous. 


For doing all the yucky (or painful) stuff that I can’t stand to do.  Like putting in NG tubes, clipping Cora’s nails, pulling off her bandages, and holding her while she’s tortured at the doctor’s office and hospital.


 For staying up with her in the evening while I get my first leg of sleep.  And feeding her bottles while I sleep.  And soothing her.  And letting her sleep on your chest.

 
For falling asleep with her in your arms.  There’s nothing sweeter to me.


 For being the most amazing support during childbirth.


 For being so strong and wonderful when Cora was in the hospital.  




For listening to me and trying to make me feel better when I’m sad.  For trying to help me and make me happy, even when I’m not asking you to fix anything.


 For taking Cora to work with you.


 For being so patient with Cora and with me.


 For being my best friend.


 For being the best Daddy.


For being you.
    Happy 8 years to us.  May there be many, many more.

    4 comments:

    1. You are both very lucky to have each other and to be growing closer during stressful times. Such a sweet post Leah.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Happy anniversary. It is hard to believe it has been that long. Yes, Cora is already such a tremendous blessing to everyone fortunate enough to know her, most of all the two of you.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Happy Eighth! What a great year with a new baby :) Congrats, and I know what you mean about all that they do as dads and how we love it so.

      ReplyDelete
    4. The post was appriciative. This will help reader to get information. Thanks for sharing this Moo MovesInformation with us.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!