Sunday, October 16, 2011

31 for 21- Day 16: Sunday Night

It's almost the end of the day for me.  Sunday night.  Cora is being put into bed by her Daddy, the dishes are done, the groceries put away.  Small pieces of evidence of the fun we had this weekend still linger in piles throughout the house, daring me to put them away before the week starts again.

But I'm in my pajamas, ready for a glass of wine and trying to decide whether I have it in me to work on Cora's Halloween costume tonight.  A batch of cookies is baking in the oven.  Cookies and wine.... mmmm.

I was told that I could expect a guest post today by a certain unnamed member of my small immediate family, to no avail. So I am sitting here with absolutely no agenda, typing out this post.  Can't get behind on my daily posting commitment.  So far I have actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would.  Originally thinking it'd be a struggle to come up with daily posts, in a way posting more frequently has been sparking my thoughts. I write posts in my head throughout the day and just hope I'll get time to put them into words on the screen.  But today I have nothing profound to say.

So I will just say that I am thankful.  So thankful for my family, for all the blessings that we have.  As we put our girl to bed, the memories from today still make me smile.  Taking that girl swimming constitutes a lot of those smiles.  We need to take a camera with us soon to memorialize her bliss.

I hope that you've had good times with your families as well.  And for those little ones in my blogosphere that are recovering from pneumonia in the hospital, or just back at home after a long recovery from open heart surgery, I send you my thoughts also.

Goodnight.
 
 "I love the weekend!"
 "Look, Mum, I'm doing the splits."
 "Sitting on the slide by myself... no big deal."

7 comments:

  1. Love the park pics! Glad I wasn't the only one with nothing to say tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of our "ordinary" posts! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Jennifer that makes three of us with nothing to say. But we all have cute daughters don't we! I agree about the daily posting sparking my thoughts, I just have too much of a headache to get in to some of them right now...so I come look at cute pictures of Cora and hope that I think of something to say on my own blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures. Even if there is "nothing to say" the pictures do all the talking (writing) =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics of a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!