Wednesday, October 12, 2011

31 for 21- Day 13: I'm Glad I Have a Child with Down Syndrome Because...

... an extra 21st chromosome seems to make for some awfully cute babies.  And I'm not only referring to my own.  Some of the cutest children I've ever seen happen to sport those designer genes!

... we've been inducted into an inspirational community of families who share the same blessing, and the love and support within this community impresses me on a daily basis.

... babyhood seems to get to last just a little bit longer, and is maybe even a tad bit sweeter (no bias here!)  Although I long for a prolonged babyhood for Cora, I must admit I am thrilled beyond belief when she accomplishes a new milestone, which she has just done this week, but more on that tomorrow!

.... I feel like it's brought me closer to who I really am, and what I am meant to do with this life.

.... it has reaffirmed my faith in humanity and the power of love and prayer.

And how can I not be tickled by the silliness of this little face?

Or sucker-punched straight in the heart by this little smile?

7 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts. Mommy-blogging at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, now I can't wait to hear what Cora accomplished!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have written this post myself! Down syndrome is a blessing! And Cora is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree....the Down syndrome community leaves me speechless some days! We do have some of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree totally! I think that babies with Down syndrome are SO completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree too!!! and she is sooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!