Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sisters

I'm not sure if as a child I recognized how lucky I was to have my two sisters.

Erin and I were very close in age and were a combination of best friends, rivals, and antagonists all at the same time.  Mira was born when I was almost five and I was so proud I could hardly stand it.  I used to pretend that she was my baby.


Over the years our relationships changed.  Erin and I had our years of arguing, and then our years of growing close and becoming incredible friends.  Mira was younger, but was such an old soul, and so beloved by all of us, that the age difference didn't matter much. 

As an adult my sisters are two of my very best friends and two of the people I admire the most.  The only thing I'd change at all is the physical distance between the three of us.


They are the reasons that as a child I could only picture myself with daughters of my own.

This week I have been thrilled to learn that Cora will have her very own little sister in just a few short months. I can't say that I know what their relationship will be like, or really anything about it just yet.  But I can't help smiling as I remember this again and again, and I know just how lucky my girls will be to have one another.

Sisters!

6 comments:

  1. She and Cora will have a great relationship because of the model they have in you and your sisters. How truly wonderful! (PS--LOVE the pic of the three of you at your wedding.........you're all gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you are having another girl! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how i love the Thompson gals. Miss you and am thrilled to hear your news. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have brothers, and my daughter only has brothers, so I have no experience at all with sisters. But they sound wonderful! Congratulations on your two girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think someone should do a study on this. Seems so weird. I wonder how many families have all boys or all girls... Great post babe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Leah! I think so often how lucky I am to have you and Erin. I love you!
    I can't wait to see Cora and little Red grow in their sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!